Gon Von Zola’s London NeoEx Diary 2008

In this place life and death are as close as they can be...




...This old victorian cemetery was not being looked after for decades, now nature rules...



Gon Von Zola sera là toutes les semaines. Ce musicien Londonien va nous livrer son diary From London. Son groupe s'appelle the BuddaCakes. En direct from LONDON !

"Bonjour and welcome to my first French music blog diary! My aim is to keep you informed about my special activities in London once a week. So, let me introduce myself…
My name is Von Zola…Gon Von Zola (sorry, the latest James Bond instalment is quite present here at the moment). I play in The Budda Cakes. Together with my Alter Egos King Prince and Gordon Naspick we create music with a Harmonium, Pianoctum, Bass, Drums and Vocals. When we play live there is also a Sock Monkey involved, a live band ( Bef + Iason) and someone sitting there and peeling an onion. Our style is called NeoEX. So much to that.

The first great news about this week in London is: last night it has snowed! London and snow…something must be wrong! Snow- the “White Gold”. Today I am planning to take a walk in my favourite cemetery and take some photos.

During this year I have written many songs, some of them are complete, others are just fragments. So this week I am spending lots of time playing them on my harmonium, figuring out some nice harmonies and seeing which of the fragments could fit together to make a new song. At the end of the year my Alter Egos and I want to record a new album or EP. I can’t wait!

Robots In Disguise are playing a free gig in Camden tonight and some friends and I will go. The Budda Cakes have played with them in Glasgow and Sheffield and we are both fans of each others music.

So, that’s it for now.
Greez to France. Merci for reading moi NeoEx-diary, and see you next week!

Gon Von Zola"

ALL PICS BY GON VON ZOLA

www.thebuddaxakes.co.uk

Aucun commentaire:

The Rock telegraph

Ma photo
THE ROCK TELEGRAPH est un webzine de musique qui ne vous parlera pas de musique comme dans les grands magazines de rock. Pas de blabla savant. Beaucoup de subjectivité : ça me plait ? j'en parle. Sinon, je ne perds pas mon temps. Les coups de coeur, voilà comment The Rock Telegraph marche.