THe Budda Cakes ITW (by mail)

NEOEX FROM LONDON

e : The Budda Cakes
À : elektra spector
Envoyé le : Vendredi, 14 Novembre 2008, 15h57mn 55s
Objet : Re: itw by mail


Okay,
I will try and answer your questions:

"1.Gon you are writting a diary for the rock telegraph, now could u introduce yourself in a few words ? For example, when and why did u start playing your own music ?

I started playing music when I was 11. I had a guitar at home and my step-dad showed me a few chords. By this time we were living in the suburbs and I spent a lot of time at home, so I started playing and writing songs. I recorded them on cassettes, I also had a small tape machine, which allowed some overdubs.
When I was 13 I met a guy at school and we started playing and writing together. We had our first band and then things developed. A few years ago we went seperate ways though. He decided that music can be only a hobby for him, I wanted to make a living from it. I did a few things in between and finally moved to London. It's great as you can play millions of gigs here and everything is possible.

2. Could you describe your style to the rock telegraph's readers and what are your influences ? Actually which english band do you like and listen the most ?

I call my style NeoEX. It's Indie without guitars. It's really independent as The Budda Cakes do what they want. That's what NeoEx stands for - Neo Expressionism. Just express yourself. It can be the recording of you eating a potatoe. As long as you like it, it's good.

The Budda Cakes' influences are:

Einstuerzende Neubauten
+ Nick Cave
+ Bach
+ Motown
+ Rogers & Hammerstein
+ Victorian Age
= The Budda Cakes' version of NeoEX

3. London has the reputation to be a real electric city, where you can start a band in a few minutes and play everywhere, do u agree with it ? Has it be easy for you ?

I agree with that. When I started playing here I immediately had a few gigs lined up. I wouldn't say it is easy but the town is definitely embracing their musicians! People are also hungry for something new.

4. And to finish, you told me once you had recorded a session at The Abbey Roas studio : what did you feel ? "

It felt a bit holy. Like a church. Studio 2 is also very big and high and has all this Beatles history, that contributes to this impression. As soon as we started playing the pressure was gone though. It's fantastic there. I played the piano with which the Beatles reorded Lady Madonna and another one which they used on A Day In The Life. Ace!!!!

Thanks Gon, for the itw and for the diary ;))

Always welcome!

Aucun commentaire:

The Rock telegraph

Ma photo
THE ROCK TELEGRAPH est un webzine de musique qui ne vous parlera pas de musique comme dans les grands magazines de rock. Pas de blabla savant. Beaucoup de subjectivité : ça me plait ? j'en parle. Sinon, je ne perds pas mon temps. Les coups de coeur, voilà comment The Rock Telegraph marche.